Fibroids are the abnormal growth of muscular tumors on the walls of a woman’s uterus. They are smooth muscle cells and fibrous connective tissues.
Most of the time they do not produce any symptoms nor cause problems, and a woman does not even know she has a fibroid unless a doctor finds it during tests.
Out of every three women with fibroids, one woman may experience symptoms. The symptoms may include:
- Abnormal uterine bleeding or painful periods
- Anemia due to heavy periods
- Pelvic pain
- Long-lasting menstruation
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Pressure or fullness in your lower abdomen
- Pressure on the bladder causes frequent urination
Some other possible symptoms
- Complications during labor
- Pregnancy Problems
- Fertility Problems
Causes of Uterine Fibroids
Usually, Fibroids develop during the reproductive years when estrogen and progesterone levels become higher.
- Hormones – Ovaries produce hormones known as estrogen and progesterone, which help to regenerate uterine lining during every menstrual cycle that can stimulate fibroids growth.
- Genetics – Genetic changes can also cause tumors
- Hereditary – A family history of fibroids can also lead to this condition.
Dr. Raman Singla(laparoscopic surgeon in mohali) and his team try their best to deliver far more than what patients expect. We encourage women to schedule an initial consultation or a second opinion with Dr. Rimmy Singla & Dr. Raman Singla by calling 9882598802, 9815507974, 9878759828 at Radiance Hospital (best hospital in Mohali). Radiance hospital offers you the best laparoscopic surgery in mohali . If you want the best laparoscopy gynecology in mohali, consult our specialist.
#besthospitalinmohali #laparoscopygynecologyinmohali #bestlaparoscopysurgeryinmohali #laparoscopicsurgeoninmohali #symptomsofuterinefibroids