Dr. Raman is a pioneer in the field of Surgery in gynaecologic cancers & advanced laparoscopic surgeries. Dr. Raman Singla is one of the most eminent experts in Surgical Oncology & advanced laparoscopic surgeries with extensive experience of 20 years in open Laparoscopic surgeries. He is able to offer surgical procedures with shorter hospital stays and faster recovery time for gynaecological cancer patients.
Dr. Raman is post graduate in General Surgery from Govt. Medical College Amritsar. He has awarded Fellowship by Association of Surgeons of India(FAIS), and Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery(FMAS). He has more than 20 years of experience in advanced laparoscopic surgeries.
Dr. Raman Singla, former Head, Deptt. Of Minimal Access Surgery, IVY Hospital. Gained extensive practical experience in basic and advanced laparoscopic Surgery at premier advanced laparoscopic surgical centers of North India, viz. DMC Ludhiana, Sidhu Hospital Doraha over last six years. He has performed over 25000(Twenty Five thousand) Laparoscopic Surgeries.
He is also doing various advanced Laparoscopic procedures like Bariatric Surgery for weight loss, Heller myotomy, Fundoplication Surgery, Gynaec cancer surgery, Gynecological laparoscopic surgery like Hysterectomy (TLH, LAVH), Laparoscopic myomectomy (removal of fibroids) Inguinal Hernia Repair, Ventral Hernia Repair, Umblical Hernia Repair etc.
He Developed the Department of Minimal Access Surgery at Ivy Hospital as a specialized centre for SINGLE INCISION LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY, SILS, (Scar less Surgery) in the region, a scar less technique in which the laparoscopic surgery is performed through a 1-1.5 cm tiny cut within the navel / umbilicus.
Developed the department as a pioneer center in the region for TOTAL LAPAROSCOPIC HYSTERECTOMY (TLH).
He has won several awards for his work both in the national and international forums.
He is especially proficient in Advanced Key Hole Surgical Procedures including:
- Laparoscopic Cholecystetomy,
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repairs,
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy,
- Laparoscopic CBD Exploration,
- laparoscopic Colorectal Surgeries including Stapled Hemmorhoidectomy (MIPH),
- Laparoscopic Advanced Gynaecological Surgeries including TLH
- Laparoscopic oncosurgery, including Cancer uterus, cancer cervix
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery.
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Single Incision Laparoscopic Surgery – SILS
- Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgeries for morbid obesity
- General Surgery
- Male Infertility Specialist