Dr. Rimmy Singla said that If you are diagnosed with high blood pressure during pregnancy, Radiance Hospital Mohali offers the following recommendations:
- Get early and regular prenatal care.
- Talk to your doctor about any medicines you take.
- Keep track of your blood pressure with a home blood pressure monitor and contact your doctor if your blood pressure is higher than usual or if you have symptoms of preeclampsia – severe headaches, changes in your vision, upper abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, decreased urine output and shortness of breath.
- Choose healthy foods and keep a healthy weight.
- Get regular physical activity.
- Avoid alcohol consumption and tobacco or other substance use.