Bleeding is right of every ♀️ woman❤️\World Menstrual Hygiene Day is observed on May 28. Dr. Rimmy Singla said that the main idea behind marking this day is to change the social stigma associated with menstruation. Every Day 800 Million women and girls around the world will be there on period. The natural and the Healthy part of life is often seen as shameful and dirty. The date May 28 was chosen to observe the day because on an average the menstrual cycle for most women is 28 days and the menstruation period for most women is for five days. Hence, the date was kept as 28/5. This day is commemorated by spreading awareness about menstruation and menstrual hygiene around the world. In many parts of the world, ‘menstruation’ is still talked about in hushed tones and whispers which results in a lot of discrimination and ostracization of women. This initiative is an effort to educate and normalise menstruation. Importance of Menstrual Hygiene :
• Menstrual hygiene is vital to the empowerment & well being of women & girls worldwide.
• Poor menstrual hygiene is one of the major reasons for the high prevalence of Reproductive Tract Infections in the country and contributes significantly to female morbidity.
Tips to Maintain Menstrual Hygiene :
1. Change your sanitary pads every 4 – 6 hourly.
2. Menstrual aids or reusable pads which are being used should be cleaned properly.
3. Keep your vaginal area clean.
4. Never use two sanitary pads simultaneously in case of heavy flow.
5. Wear comfortable and clean underwear. 6. To discard sanitary napkins and tampons properly